Monday, September 1, 2014

Hello Spring!



First day of a new month. Hello September! And of a new season. I love spring. It's definitely my favourite season of the year. The climate changing, longer days, the smell of flowers and the weather getting warmer. I love being able to wear jeans and a tee without feeling too hot or too cold. For me the year has gone so fast and now we have met the home stretch with 4 months to go till new years.  




Highlights of August 



  • Experienced my first zoo trip. 21 years old and finally went to the zoo. Took a very spontaneous trip to Australia Zoo with my friend and made a day of it. It was okay but we thought it was going to be hot and wore summer clothes. How wrong we were when it started to rain. I cuddled up to a koala, they are seriously high on life from all the eucalyptus they eat - stink! - 12th August 

  • Finally watched The Fault In Our Stars and it was beautiful. In my opinion, My Sisters Keeper was more emotional compared. I think this movie was more based on love then it was on the disease. I can tell you its absolutely crazy watching movies based in countries I've been in. Amsterdam. - 20th August

  • I got followed on my twitter account by one of the cleo 2014 bachelors! Chris Nayna! - 26th August 

  • I finally lost my tattoo virginity and got a tattoo. My friend went to get a tattoo and I went with her and she asked if I wanted one and it was a spontaneous moment and now we have matching tattoos on our hands. My heart was beating very fast and I was nervous. The pain was durable, I thought it was going to be worse than I thought - 31st August 

September Upcoming
  • Working more hours at work. At work we have double weddings on every Saturday night and I can't wait. I love working weddings, such a thrill and I am so happy watching others have fun.
  • Tax income. I completed my tax online from the financial year and I will be getting a reasonable amount back from tax. Brings me a step closer to my future studies and to bring my bank account back up. 
  • My friends 21st. I haven't seen my college friends in about or a year or so and I miss them so much. One of them is celebrating her 21st pirate style and I am excited to catch up with them all. 
I'm going to set myself up a tighter budget so I can save more. I'm already on a budget to spend as little as possible on food, guilty at wasting money on snacks out. I don't have any other plans for the month as I always change my mind. 
How was your August? What are you looking forward to in September? 

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen the Fault in our Stars cause I totally cried in the book already. Congrats on your new tattoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Definitely watch it. I know what you mean by the book I was getting emotional -- in public!

      Delete