Monday, October 13, 2014

Catch Up! Warmer Weather, Future Talk




The weather has been getting warmer and I have been loving it. 
Bet you anything, that I will be complaining about the heat by the time summer comes around. 
I have made one trip to the beach so far and a trip to the dam. The water at the beach was amazing! I totally forgot that it was school holidays though and it took me an hour to get from Surfers Paradise beach to the main highway. Dam traffic jams! I am seriously going to the beach more often this summer. 

Note it: Stephanie posted on the 13th of October at 5.07pm that she will be going to the beach a lot this summer. 
In February I will let you know if I really did or not. 

I honestly love the beaches here in Aus. The sand, the atmosphere, the surf. But definitely the water. When I was in Europe the water was freezing! I didn't understand how water can be so cold when the general weather temperature is so high. No logic. 
It was a little chilly stepping into the water at Surfers but as soon as you get used to it, it's so warm. The dam on the contrary was pretty disgusting. On a very warm day mum and I took the dogs to the dam to have a little swim. Now usually, the water is pretty clean despite having boats and jet skis riding around. But that day was filthy. I was actually scared that I was going to step on a turtle. Baby turtles swim there. 

I've been thinking a lot about my future recently, like moving out and getting a full time job. A lot of responsibilities when you come to think of it when you put "living on your own" in perspective. I have lived out of home before and I do enjoy the freedom and independency you get and no nagging parents telling you what to do in your ear all the time. I ended up having to move back home because I was running out of money..fast. So moving out of home right this minute is not idealistic.

I am also looking into getting rid of my car and upgrading to a new car. Brand new car. I have had my baby since I first got my license..four years ago. The kilometres are going up higher and more problems will start occurring. OMG, the other day I was driving down the highway and a stone lands on my windscreen, so now I have two chips and cracks..just perfect. I don't want to start ranting about all these problems my car has so I'm just going to leave it at that. 

When I was in school I would tell myself "/in 5 years time I will have a successful full time job and started my career/" Five years down the track and I still don't have a full time job. I guess I'm a little disappointed in myself that I didn't push harder to get one. I guess it was easier back then. I find it difficult. I mean getting a full time job is easy but getting a full time job in what you want to do to start your career isn't. I'll be damned if it was that lucky for me. I have found theres a lot of construction job openings in my city...doesn't tickle my fancy.  

I have some exciting post ideas coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment