Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Summer Vibes & Essentials ☀

I look ridiculous right now. I am about to write a post about summer and sunshine and its currently storming. 

Hey. Hows it going? 



It is getting closer to christmas which means closer to summer here in Australia. To get in the spirit for all my southern hemisphere followers, I have assembled a few inspirational pointers to get us all excited for the season. 

1// Summer is approaching which means longer days and warmer nights 

2// Beach parties. Bonfire parties. Any sort of outdoor event. Slap on your shoes and shorts and live the night away. And preferably a top of some sort, a bikini.


3// Festivals. We have Soundwave coming up in February in Melbourne. 


4// Watermelon. I think watermelon is the perfect summer fruit along side mangoes. Omg I love mangoes! The fruit is so juicy and refreshing and you can make shakes, punches, smoothies or anything that has the ingredient in it. 


5// Bike rides. Along side a beach = perfection. Theres nothing better then the feeling of the wind whipping through your hair, the taste of your hair in your mouth that when you stop you have a crows nest on top of your head, as you ride along. You don't even have to be a pro at bike riding. As long as you can control the direction your riding, balance, and stop, you are all good to go. 


6// Sunglasses. Without them you would be blind from that hot summer sun. Plus its a super cute accessory.


7// Beach. I am so excited to be able to go down to the beach and have a swim in the ocean without freezing. Personally, I love australian beaches. We have amazing "sand" - is that too weird to say? - and surf. I love that while the temperature is really hot the surf is warm also. Unlike in Europe, when I went there in June and I basically froze my nipples off from the ice cold water in hot weather. No logic. 


8// Sunscreen. Or is it sun cream? I had to learn this the hard way. I went to the beach couple of weeks back and it was one of those breezy days. I couldn't physically feel how hot the sun was because of the wind that I may have accidentally put sunscreen on my back and later came back home looking like a legit back lobster. My front was fine. Lesson learnt. Remember to slip slop and slap. 


9// Lip Balm. I hate having chapped dry lips so I use maybelline baby lips continuously. The baby lips are so moisturising plus they smell pretty good.  


These are a few of my top vibes and essentials. There a probably a whole heap more of essentials I have skipped out on. 

If you would like to know my beauty essentials for summer please comment below. For my northern hemisphere followers, what are your winter essentials? What are you looking forward to the most in December? 

P.S Do my posts look better with a larger font size?


Till next time, 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh no, it's getting colder here and this post makes me wanna go back to summer so bad!! I always love a good excuse to buy a new comfy sweater, my favorite part of winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry, don't mean to rub it in haha. Does it snow where you live? Yes, sweaters and comfy socks!

      Delete