Thursday, November 27, 2014

What a Night! First World Problems

Well this is a first for me to write a post from my phone. 

What a night! 

A huge storm came through brisbane. Luckily I didn't get hit by it. Some of my friends on my personal facebook were posting photos and videos of the storm in the city. It was crazy. When I get home I will find a way to post the video of one of them on here. The wind and the rain, one of my friends actually got hit by a hail stone I think. 

That being said, I was on my way to work when all of this was occurring. Now usually I know how long it normally takes for me to get to work from certain areas. At this area, I knew it would take me less then 15 mins to get to work. So I'm thinking to myself, yeah alright I will get to work in plenty of time. Without any knowledge that a huge hold up was just up the highway from where I was. Two highways from what I could see had huge traffic jams. Remember how I said it would only take me 15 mins to get to work from that point? Well it ended up taking me an hour and 15 minutes to get to work. In stop go traffic. Omg! I was going crazy. I called my friend up and she told me that a transformer exploded either from getting hit by the lightening or a car hit it. One petrol station was closed for this reason. Now that was very bad news for me. I had my petrol light on and my car was desperate to be filled up. In the situation all you can really do is laugh. No point getting angry and upset. So that's just what I did. I laughed. I then got in contact with my supervisor after a few attempts and asked what --

--just got some petrol-- 

Okay so I asked what was going on and she said that we have no power at work. By this point I'm like I'm still going to work. Finally I rocked up to work and it's all pitch black and all the guests from the motel rooms are in the restaurant having drinks. That's all we can give to them. Serving by candlelight and torches. We also had a 3 course dinner function for 70 people. Apparently the power wasn't going to come back on till 730 then it changed to 830 and now it's not till 2am. One of the supervisors sent me and another person home. Luckily I just made it to the petrol station before I don't know what I would do if I broke down in the middle of traffic. Oh yea and now I'm stuck in traffic. Let's see how long this will take me to get home. It's alright I have Doritos and a bottle of water to snack on. Would have been better if it was redbull. I asked the guy behind the counter at the petrol station if he knew what was going on. He said one of the main roads has no power and is flooded and something about rolled trucks. What a night hey. Steph all you can do is laugh. Just laugh it off. 

I just saw a tree on top of a car. The car is okay the tree is not. 

Right now it is 7.55pm. 
- 8.25pm And reached the area where the traffic started on the way. Not bad. 

Update (11.22am Friday): Went into work this morning and the power was still out. Now the estimate time is at 2pm. We served cereal and fruit to guests. I can tell you it was a long morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment