Thursday, July 3, 2014

London

First stop London

I was only in the country for a night before the tour and a night after the tour. The country is so beautiful and green I noticed. Well considering it rains most of the time over there. I didn't get a chance to explore which I was a little disappointed about. But hey gives me another reason to come back, right? I would have liked to go down Oxford Street. Ive heard thats a really great place to go shopping. 

So I arrived in London at 1.30pm, around that time, and the border control queue was so long. The line was slowly moving up and when it was my turn I felt like I was getting questioned for something I didn't do. Wanting to know where I was staying and what I was doing in the country and how long I will be staying for. After I explained about the tour I finally got let through. Then it was the long trek to find the underground. I didn't get lost thankfully. I just followed the signs and kept walking and walking. 







While I was on the underground there were a bunch of high school boys and I found it so funny listening to them talk because it sounded like they were trying to be all tough but their accent was so funny, it didn't match up. After a long ride on the underground, I got to Russell Square and then realised that I didn't actually know which way the hotel was from the station. My flight came in at 1.30pm and I got to the hotel at 5.30pm. Luckily two people from my tour recognised me and walked me to the hotel, which was really just around the corner. The hotel itself is huge. When I was finding my room, the hallway just kept going and going and going. The wifi in the hotel was terribly slow but in the Contiki Basement worked like a dream. 

Hotel stayed at 

Random building I took a photo of 

Taxi!! 

That night, there was the ritual meeting before the tour. Three tours were departing the next day and the tour manager we got was Evan, Aussie Aussie Aussie, and the tour driver was Bento, the portuguese prince. 50 people were on my tour. I think I only knew 32 from the contiki meet up. I took an effort to introduce myself to everyone on the bus on the first day of the tour. Aussies overrode everyone else and then closely came South Africans, had 2 Mexicans, 2 English, New Zealanders, Americans and Canadians. An awesome mixture. I thought the group was great and everyone got along so well. 

Next stop Paris!




No comments:

Post a Comment