Tuesday, July 8, 2014

European Highlights - CHATEAU

What's up Chateau, home of Contiki! 

It was time to say bye to the beautiful city of Paris and continue the journey down France. Long bus ride later (I really don't remember how long it was to be honest) and we made it to our next destination of the Contiki Chateau. Evan was telling us that this is his home. The view from the hotel was absolutely breath taking. So green and beautiful!



It felt so good to be able to stay in a hotel where we didn't have to be cautious of the sound we make cause of other people staying in the same building. But the Chateau is just for Contiki, and there was another group there when we joined. After being on a bus all day, all I wanted to do was jump in the pool. But first we had a wine demonstration/tasting. There we learnt everything about how the place was discovered to how the wine is made. Half an hour to go till dinner time. Crap! I rushed upstairs, changed and literally jumped straight into the pool. The water was freezing!! Be prepared if your planning to go in. 






The showers at the Chateau are uni sex communal. Very interesting and first time experiencing one.  At dinner a couple of the girls and I ducked out before dessert to use the showers and run back to the room -  in just a towel -  before anyone else saw us doing a runner in the nude. Pretty much. Omg did I run or what! 
Tonight, was the first of many of the parties to be held in the basement. It was a "P" party, so we had to dress up as something starting with the letter P. Some of the people on my tour wore very interesting outfits..



Nonetheless, it was such an awesome night. I left Aus not liking beer and throughout this whole tour all I was drinking was beer. I have grown such a liking for them now. Heaps of dancing and heaps of drinking. What more could you want from a night like that? 





Just looking through all the photos is making me miss everyone so much. The past two weeks have gone by way too fast and I miss it. I definitely had the time of my life and I love everyone that I was on tour with and the friendships I have gained with people from all around the world. I can now say I have friends in England, South Africa, Mexico, America, NZ and of course Aus. 


Next stop Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment