Thursday, July 10, 2014

I'm Coming Home

Bye Portugal! Till next time!
Going to miss my grandparents so much!


I had a whole of 2 hours of sleep last night. It was the exact same when I left Australia for Europe 4 weeks ago. I don't know why I can't sleep. So many questions running through my mind double checking that I have everything packed. I woke in a panic thinking that I lost my bank card, which I didn't.

 12am - still awake 
1.30am - omg go to sleep already 
2am - I think I fell asleep around that time 

Right now I am in London Heathrow Airport. The short 2.15 hr flight from Lisbon to here was short. It went so quick. Now I'm dreading for the - is it 12 or 13 hours? - flight to Singapore. Right now its almost 4.30pm and my flight leaves at 8pm. Its okay I guess. At least I'm not rushing which is a good thing. 

OH! 
I bought the book "the fault in our stars" 
Omg, my excitement when I saw the book displayed in a store over here. I had to get it! I'm really hoping the plane has the movie. They didn't have it when I came over here. I'm trying to distract myself right now, because I want to start reading the book so bad but it will be better to read it on the plane, right? Ah the temptation! 

This morning I set my alarm for 5.30am and somehow the time just slipped away. I had to double check the time. Wait? 7am? That's not right. How did the time go by so quick. It was only 6am before. And I still had to pack. Ahh the packing. Now that was fun! Firstly I packed the rest of what was left to pack and thinking that I did an awesome job, when I went to shut it, the suitcase wouldn't even zip. Crap! Now what? So out came all the stuff I just put in and in the end I had to leave some things behind because it simply would not fit. I really could not add anymore to it. I had to sit on the suitcase to shut it. Sit on it! Thats a first for me. Luckily that if I did not buy this new handbag everything would not fit. Handbag is full and heavy to the brim. 

I knew my suitcase was going to be overweight. I just had no idea by how much. I was prepared to pay for the excess weight, but when I went to "bag drop" the suitcase ended up weighing 25kgs and I was let off the hook of having to pay. Boo yeah! The weight limit is 23kgs with British Airways. This wifi sucks. You only get 45 mins free and I've already used my phone. Dam it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment