Sunday, July 20, 2014

Wealth Consists Not In Having Great Possessions, But In Having Few Wants.

I was just sitting down thinking about life -- as you do -- and realisation hit me. I feel like every day will be a struggle to get through without worrying about the god awful word -- money. Pay day arrives and I cannot contain my excitement when I see the big dollars rolling in from working my ass off at work. Cha - Ching! I start thinking of all the wonderful purchases I can splurge on or watch my savings account rise up and up. Dreaming of my dream car or some big investment...
That moment lasts a whole of what? 10 seconds? Alas, have bills to pay and when moments pop up that involve a lot of money, its just like.. agh fists clenching. Like an almost $1000 car service. Being legit. Sometimes I just feel like pulling my hair out. I know theres a few people around the same age as me who are well off. I don't hate them. Its more of a jealousy emotion and I question how. How do they have a lot of savings? I try and fail miserably. It doesn't necessarily help that I don't have a full time employment. Theres advantages and disadvantages of being a full timer. Advantage: you know how much you are bringing in weekly while casual varies. Disadvantage: some don't get paid for overtime work. 

Anyway, I probably sound like an annoying fly on the wall right now. But when you start to think and more questions pop up in your head, you can't help but wonder. On another note, its my cousins wedding in two weeks and I'm emcee - ahh - and I'm still yet to get my notes and some sort of speech sorted. Im definitely not a fan of public speaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment